- cysts that develop in your ovaries (polycystic ovaries)
- your ovaries not regularly releasing eggs (ovulating)
- high levels of "male hormones" called androgens in your body
- irregular periods or no periods at all
- difficulty getting pregnant (because of irregular ovulation or failure to ovulate)
- excessive hair growth (hirsutism]– usually on the face, chest, back or buttocks
- weight gain
- thinning hair and hair loss from the head
- oily skin or acne ,comedones
pcos being a symptom complex resulting as a sequalae of hormonal imbalance ,homoeopathic medicines are selected ,analysing the individual symptoms &characteristics of the patient.
The medicines keep the periods regular and thus maintains the fertility.Under the effect of treatment the symptoms of hormonal abnormalities too disappear.
constitutional medicinal treatment offers good prognosis in these cases and absolutely no side effects at all.
diet & regimen in PCOS
low carbohydrate diet
avoid ovulation inducing &birth control pills
avoid alcohol,cigarette smoking
- Homeopathic medicines: aurum met, conium, dulcamara, kali carb, puls, and senecio. Homeopathic constitutional remedies are prescribed based on individual peculiarities.pcos is a syndrome due to hormonal imbalances .The real cause has to be addressed. It has two components –hereditary and acquired. Pcos runs in families, it can also be due to faulty, sedentary life styles, emotional stress. Homeopathy addresses the disease with anti miasmatic remedies.